- Take care of your health
- Save money. You never know when you will need it.
- Spend as much time as possible with your family. Very little else matters.
- Be a good father to your son. Always be there beside him when he needs you.
- Take life as it comes. With all its ups and downs.
- Perception matters. It is important to not only be good but also to look good.
- Work might take to some foreign land, but that is not your home. Home is where you were born.
- Be particular about your work.
- Always maintain a checklist of things. He used to maintain a small notebook with him where he noted down things that he had to do.
- Don't procrastinate. Do things as they appear. Don't wait for tomorrow. You never know what tomorrow brings.
- Be independent.
- Make as many friends as possible. A lot of them will drop out along the way.
- Don't take unnecessary risks in life. They are usually not worth it.
- Be content with what you have. Have no regrets in life.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Life lessons learnt from my father
The sense of loss has not yet gone. Others who have had similar experience insist it takes a while before it does. In one instant the feeling of having lost the roof over your head is not easy to get over. The last few days I was thinking of the lessons that Baba tried to impart to me, sometimes successfully and sometimes not so successfully.